Pay Equity Exercise
The objective of the pay equity exercise is to identify, evaluate and compare the various job categories to determine whether salary adjustments are required to achieve pay equity in the company. The steps necessary to achieve a pay equity exercise are described below.
- Identification of job categories.
- Determine whether the categories are of female or male predominance.
- Selecting a method of evaluation for the job categories.
- Comparison of job categories.
- Estimated wage gaps.
- Calculation of salary adjustments.
- Determination of repayment for salary adjustments.
- Inform the employees by posting a notice.
- Keep the notice posted for a period of 60 days.
- Post a second notice for an additional 60 days with any amendments.
- Pay salary adjustments if necessary.
Carrying out a pay equity exercise can be a complex task. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to seek the services of a specialized firm such as Pro Gestion. Our team of pay equity experts is able to complete your pay equity exercise quickly and efficiently.
- Contact us: 877-433-7183 ext. 222 (toll free across Canada)
- Write to us: [email protected]