Pay Equity Exercise
The objective of the pay equity exercise is to identify, evaluate and compare the various job categories to determine whether salary adjustments are required to achieve pay equity in the company. The steps necessary to achieve a pay equity exercise are described below.
- Identification of job categories.
- Determine whether the categories are of female or male predominance.
- Selecting a method of evaluation for the job categories.
- Comparison of job categories.
- Estimated wage gaps.
- Calculation of salary adjustments.
- Determination of repayment for salary adjustments.
- Inform the employees by posting a notice.
- Keep the notice posted for a period of 60 days.
- Post a second notice for an additional 60 days with any amendments.
- Pay salary adjustments if necessary.