The Pay Equity Plan / Program
When a company has more than 50 employees, it must complete a pay equity plan and perform periodic audits. When a company has more than 100 employees, it must also establish a pay equity committee for each plan to be completed. You can accomplish a pay equity plan by following the steps described below.
- Identify the number of plans to be completed within your company.
- Identify job categories.
- Determine whether the categories are of female or male predominance.
- Select a method of evaluation for the job categories.
- Develop an evaluation process.
- Inform the employees that there will be a notice posted with precise instructions.
- Evaluate job categories.
- Compare job categories.
- Estimate wage gaps.
- Calculate salary adjustments.
- Post the first notice for a period of 60 days, as per the commission's instructions.
- Repost the notice for an additional period of 60 days with any amendments.
- Pay salary adjustments if necessary.